How to Make Incredibly Easy Iced Coffee (when you don't have a coffee maker)

Thursday, August 3, 2017


Growing up, coffee was not allowed in the house.  I actually believed that it was forbidden to even drink that stuff.  I didn't really care though.  It was a mystery to me that people even liked this horrid smelling drink. Not only liked it, but craved it.  

I remember the day I gave in and had my first coffee.  I wanted to like coffee so bad but however hard I tried I wasn't craving it, and I still hated the flavor.  Well, I kept trying to like it and you know what?  It worked!  Not only do I like it, but I sometimes will catch myself craving coffee.  Especially iced coffee.  Not sure if this is a good thing to be proud about or not.  

I've learned that multiple trips to Starbucks can start to add up.  Even if the Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato is worth the extra dollars (oh my goodness, that drink is just...AMAZING), I don't want to go broke because I buy myself coffee too much.


Since my parents still don't like coffee  (I still think they would prefer me to think that it's forbidden), we don't have a coffee maker.  But we do have ground coffee.  But how do you make coffee without a coffee maker?  It's actually really easy.  I've tried a few different ways and I'm going to share with you my favorite way.  I learned this super easy method to make coffee at a camp I work at in the spring.   


First thing you need is coffee grounds.  Take you coffee (about two tablespoons is one serving size) and put it in a small pan with about 1-2 cups of water.  Put it on the stove and heat up the water. It's important that you don't let it boil.  It will ruin the flavor.  I always forget and turn away for one second and come back to find my coffee boiling.  Let the coffee stay on the stove until the coffee grounds have all sunken to the bottom.



Onto the next step.  Line a strainer with a coffee filter and put it over your cup (or a whatever container works best for you).  Pour in your coffee, grains and all. Wha-La!  You have coffee!  Wasn't that easy!


But it's a very strong tasting coffee and if you love that kind of taste than good for you, but I still can't stand my coffee without a sweetener or cream.  To sweeten my coffee I always add about a spoonful of sugar and a splash of vanilla.  If you add the sugar while the coffee is hot it will dissolve better. To make your coffee iced simply pour it over ice. 


Lastly add the creamer of your choice.  I don't do good with dairy.  I love dairy but it will give me a headache if I have too much.  For my creamer I use coconut milk.  I seriously think coconut milk is better than normal milk in so many ways.


And that's how you make yourself a refreshing glass of iced coffee when the craving come.  I can't guarantee this method will make your coffee taste as good if you had a coffee maker but it's easy and it works great.  



Now that I know that coffee isn't forbidden, haha,  I enjoy making it occasionally.  It is a refreshing drink on a hot day.  Or an energy boost when your to-do list seems to go on and on forever.  Or, this one's my favorite, something to sip on during a long road trip.

And now you know how easy it is to make!












No comments :

Post a Comment