A New Dream

Tuesday, August 22, 2017


What a crazy summer it has been for me!  It definitely did not go how I planned, haha.  Life is hard sometimes and I've had my share of hard days this summer.   But I also had my share of wonderful days!  My favorite part of summer was spending quality time with my family; which included going backpacking and hiking.  Most of all though,  I'm overwhelmed by the amazing God we serve and each day He is showing me how much He loves me.

But guess what!  God spoke to me this summer!  For years I have been praying to God for direction for my life.  I've been content to take each day as it comes and God is always faithful to give me what I need for that day.  But I've never really had much of a goal or plan for my future.

After I graduated high school (In 2014, sheesh, that was awhile ago, lol) I never took the college route.  Mainly because I didn't know what I wanted to pursue.  Well, now I finally know what I want to study.  Today I had my first class in Early Childhood Education.

I have always loved kids and I enjoy doing childcare for friends.  God has put it on my heart to work with kids and love kids.  I have a passion for the little children in God's kingdom and I want to serve God by loving on these little ones.

I'm so excited to be taking the next step in following God and I can't wait to see how He will use me! It's never to early to dream!  And God's timing is always perfect!

It's official!  I'm a college student!

2 comments :

  1. Hello Sydney. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am so glad to come across your profile on the blogger and the blog post. Your post on a Dare To Dream and the new dream you had and waiting up on the Lord for sense of direction and hearing God speak to you which led you to Early Childhood Education. I am so encouraged by your post to know your dependence on the Lord. I am truly blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about the very God driven purpose of your life being created to create and your interest in hand lettering and photography and interest in children. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also have ministry for the kids in the slums of Mumbai who are most underprivileged. We do encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to work with us in the slum children. I am very sure that you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. God willing I will be coming to the States and will be so glad to stop by your place and meet your family and you and seek God's direction as to how He uses this connection to use you in a mission field working for the underprivileged children. Praying for you and would love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting ;) Pray for you!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete