Climbing Mountains

Monday, July 24, 2017


Have you ever climbed a mountain before?  It isn't easy.  But I can guarantee you that the climb will be worth every step.  Once you finally make it to the top you will be rewarded with a spectacular view. Nothing can compare to the feeling you get as you take in the view.  Standing there, on top of the world, if only you could stay there forever.  The feeling of accomplishment sweeps over you as you realize that you have just conquered the mountain.

In life we have mountains we must climb.  I have had to climb many mountains in my life and I don't even want to think about the ones I still have yet to climb.  Some mountains are small, but some are huge.  But God is so good.  He is always right beside me and helping me climb.  


Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6


If you ever feel like the mountain God has placed in front of you is daunting remember that God promises to always be right there with you.  He says He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Even when it feels like you are all alone, or when the you have no strength left; God is with you.



As I said before, it isn't easy climbing a mountain.  The whole time I was climbing I was huffing and puffing.  My legs ached and sometimes I needed to stop and rest.  The only reason I was able to keep going is because I have been training myself.  I have been preparing myself by climbing smaller mountains so that I can tackle the bigger mountains.  Without this constant training there is no way I would have been able to climb such mountains.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

Did you know that God has given us all we need to climb the mountains we face?  He gave us His word.  It's our training manual.  God's word gives us the strength we need.  It will guide us as we climb our mountains.  But if we neglect God's word it won't be long before we find ourselves exhausted.  The mountains we face will soon consume us.


Always remember, the view that awaits you at the top is what keeps you going.  As we are climbing we can't always see what awaits us at the top.  All we see are trees and shrubs.  Not very pretty or breathtaking.  But we have to keep pushing on until we reach the top.

The mountains God has us climb, we can't always see the outcome.  Sometimes it's scary not knowing what you are going to find.  We may be tempted to give up.  But once we get to the top, trust me, the things you will see will be worth every step.  We may glimpse more of God's glory.  The climb will be worth it because we will see how God used this mountain to show us more of His purpose for our life.  

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Whatever mountain you are facing.  Don't give up.  Stay in the Word and keep climbing.  I promise you, the view will be worth.

No comments :

Post a Comment