Being Faithful with the Little Things

Wednesday, February 3, 2016



I have a longing in my heart to do great things for God.  Each night I pray for God to use me and to show me where He wants me to serve.


I have this idea in my head that to serve God I need to be doing something other than just the everyday tasks of life that can often become boring and feel so very unimportant at times.

But God's been teaching me something.  I've prayed for God to show me a place where I can serve and be used by Him but no doors have opened.  Because of this I too often find myself with an attitude that does not find joy in serving God because I can't serve Him in the big ways that I desire too.

But my perspective is changing.  I'm still praying for God's guidance in my life and God has been teaching me that I need to serve Him always.  No matter how simple or silly the little things may seem I need to serve Him in those areas of my life as well.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," Colossians 3:23


"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master." Matthew 25:21

How can I ever hope to do great things for God and to be able to serve God in great ways if I never take the time to give glory to God in the little things of life.  If I truly want to be used by God to do great things first I need to honor Him with how I serve Him now with the little things.

Then on that day when I get to see God face to face, He will bestow upon me the words my heart longs to hear,  "Well done my good and faithful servant."

No comments :

Post a Comment