Book Review - Set - Apart Feminity

Wednesday, February 24, 2016


"The Preoccupations of women doesn't seem to change much from generation to generation, but in every generation there seem to be a few who make other choices." ~Elisabeth Elliot

This book will always be a favorite of mine. After reading this book I have been convicted of many things.  For me this book has marked a turning point in my walk with God and I want to encourage you to read it too.

What I loved most about this book were all the stories Leslie shares about extraordinary women living Set Apart Lives for Christ. She makes me want to to read more about these missionaries (Amy Carmichael, Catherine Booth, Gladys Alward...)


 I loved how Leslie shares her story and many of the lessons she has learned.  Most of these lessons being learned the hard way.  Throughout the book she is constantly calling out to her readers to give their all to Jesus and live a life Set Apart for God.  As I  read this book a certain verse kept running through my mind.

"Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me." Luke 9:23

It doesn't matter where you live.  You don't have to be a missionary to make an impact on the world for Christ.  Leslie gives some great insight into how we can live our lives for Jesus right now. 

She has truly inspired me.  I don't want to be numbered with those living with one foot in the world who try to balance the things of this world with the things of God. I desire to be among the few who rise up and live a life completely Set Apart for God.

"The sparkle of set-apart femininity is found through absolute abandonment to the Author of all true beauty, It's found by exchanging a life consumed with self for a life consumed with Jesus Christ, by trading the desire to be attractive to the world for the longing to be attractive to Him alone."  ~ Set - Apart Femininity

Through this book I have found out about the Set Apart Girl Website and I have subscribed to the Set Apart Girl Magazine.  You can learn more about Set Apart Girl here: http://setapartgirl.com/

1 comment :

  1. Hello Sydney. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also glad to stop by your blog post and go through your book review of Set Apart Femininity and the earlier post on your trip to Phoenix and the beautiful pictures you have taken along side. They are truly professional. well I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ and your desire to please Him and glorify His name. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I love to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the PASTORAL MINISTRY for last 36 yrs in this great city of MUMBAI a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. With your passion for photography, you will have opportunity to capture in your camera live life in the slums of Mumbai of the poorest of poor people.God willing I will be coming to the States in the month of May 2016 and will be so glad to meet young people who have their interest in missions. I am sure those who come will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the new year 2016

    ReplyDelete