When God Says Wait

Sunday, September 10, 2017


"Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"

God says wait.  Wait for Him and have courage.  But the last thing my heart wants to do is wait.  For so long God has been telling me to wait.  It's hard not to get tired. I desire to find out what is waiting for me behind all this waiting.

But God says it again.  Wait.  I know I have to listen.  

The hardest part about waiting is constantly having to put my dreams on hold. Everyday I am always reminded that time is ticking by and I'm still here waiting.  I have dreams, so many dreams...the last thing I want to do is wait.   

I need to be reminded of the truth; my God has bigger plans for me than my dreams.  Even though I don't know how much longer God will have me wait, I know it will be worth it in the end. 

I used to think of waiting as a bad thing.  A set back in life.   I still struggle sometimes with this thought.  I tell myself;  "I should be out their chasing my dreams, instead of here waiting".  But the problem is that I forget who I'm waiting for. I'd rather be waiting on the everlasting God who holds my future in His hands than aimlessly trying to chase my dreams on my own.   Not to mention that each day I spend waiting for God I'm learning to rely completely on Him.

Okay, God, I'll wait.  

You know what, when I look at waiting with this perspective, it's not that hard anymore.  It's actually exciting.  

So here's to waiting!  Thank you God for this season of waiting on You and for using it grow me closer to You. 

I will be strong and take courage and I will wait because my God is going to do great things for me :)

1 comment :

  1. "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him." Lamentations 3:25

    ReplyDelete