Fill Me With Wonder

Wednesday, June 7, 2017



"Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

I have a longing in my soul.  I want to see wondrous things.  I want to be amazed.

To stand in awe of mighty mountains that make me feel small.  To witness the power of a thunderstorm. To see how vast and how deep the ocean is.  To travel the world.  To have my breathe taken away by the wonders of God's creation.

But what am I to do when I find myself getting tired of the mundane routine of everyday life. When I'm stuck at home do I have to put these longings and dreams aside?



The amazing truth is that I don't have to go anywhere to find the answer to these longings.  I don't have to go to the mountains to know that I serve a mighty God.  All I have to do is look outside my window to be amazed at the wonders of God and His creation.

And the amazing God we serve has given us His Word. Each time I open my Bible I get to learn more about how much God loves me.

Each time I spend time with God I want to be filled with awe at the wonderful story of grace and mercy that is found in His Word.

May we never lose our wonder when we ponder the goodness of our God and all He has done for us. 

1 comment :

  1. Yes! We can be amazed at every little thing...because we know it's all from Him...our Creator! I love to sit on my patio in the evenings and watch Him paint the sunsets. The birds are calling their mates. The frogs are singing a chorus. The fireflies are happily dancing. And I. Am. Amazed!!

    ReplyDelete