Welcome November!

Monday, November 2, 2015


November is finally here.  I love November!  It's my favorite month (I do have a particular reason for liking this month so much, hehe, but I'm not gonna tell yet).  


I can't believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. I'm getting excited just thinking about how happy I'm gonna be when Christmas music is all I listen to and cuddling up in front of a warm fire with a warm drink in my hands is an often occurrence. 


Today is a beautiful rainy day and rainy days are always a good day to stay inside and clean. I have a closet full of costumes and the funny thing is I don't even store them in my closet. I've had my costumes hanging up in my parent's closet the past few years.  



My mom said she wants her closet space back so today I packed all of my costumes into bins and labeled them.  It always feels so good to get some cleaning and organizing done.


Last Saturday was Halloween and I wanna share some pictures of our fun outing that night.  


I've always wondered if celebrating Halloween and trick or treating was bad.  My family used to never called Halloween, Halloween.  We always called it Harvest Day.  We used go to harvest festivals at our church but the past few years we haven't really done much at all.    


Yesterday my family went to a local Halloween event in town.  We walked around town and it was really fun to see everyone in their costumes.  I decided to wear my Astrid Cosplay since I've never worn it in public before.  




My sister wore her airsoft gear and my brother dressed up in a military uniform from the Vietnam war that we found at the thrift store.  The last time he wore the uniform it was huge on him because he used to be so little.  I don't know what happened.  Now he's so tall and grown up.


People kept complimenting me on my costume and asking for a picture of my costume.  I loved how the little kids would recognize me as Astrid.  To them I really was Astrid.  I even found a little girl who dressed up as Astrid from the first movie.


They had a costume contest that was fun to participate in.  I was bummed my costume didn't get any of the places but all the compliments I got made up for my disappointment.


Anyway, I hope you're enjoy these pictures and I hope your just as excited as I am about Thanksgiving and Christmas!  The best time of the year has finally arrived!

No comments :

Post a Comment