My True Home

Monday, October 3, 2016


I cannot describe to you the joy that fills my soul when I hear the waves crashing against the shore and feel the wet sand beneath my feet .  A huge smile spreads across my face.  I could stay here forever.  The ocean is home.


Yet, as I stand on the beach taking in the sights and breathing in the fresh sea air, I am reminded of my true home.  No, not my home here one earth, but my heavenly home.

"And I am going to prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:3

Standing on the beach, with the ocean before me I can't imagine a better place to be.  The glories of heaven is a mystery to me.  My human mind cannot imagine it.  But I know one thing;  My king will be there and He is all I need.  


I'm challenged each day with a new goal in life.  To live for Jesus and to keep my eyes on the things above and not to follow the ways of the world.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal". 2 Corinthians 4:18

Jesus is becoming my everything.  He is my joy, my comfort, my peace, my protector, my friend and He is my Savior.


One last time  I gaze out at the ocean, this time with a new perspective. I know that God's love for me is deeper than the deepest part of the ocean. With each wave that hits the shore I am reminded of the great promise God has given me.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

No comments :

Post a Comment