Birthday Time ~ DIY Wrapping Paper

Sunday, July 10, 2016



Well, today was a very special day for a very special brother. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful brother and I can't believe that today he turned eighteen! He's officially an adult now. I'm not ready for this. Why does time have to fly by so fast.  Anyway, there is nothing I can do about the time but just enjoy each moment and make the most out of each day.

Last night I realized I still hadn't wrapped his present and as I was digging through all our wrapping paper all I ended up finding was piles of Christmas paper. We have all the Christmas wrapping paper we could ever need but when it comes to birthdays, well, the choices are very thin.

Of course it's like ten o'clock at night when I get the idea to make my own wrapping paper. Using my new Aquash Water Brush and my watercolors I created a simple design on a big sheet of paper.



Once the paper was dry I wrapped my gift with my one-of-a-kind homemade wrapping paper. Can you guess what my brothers favorite color is?



To finish off the present, instead of a bow, because to be honest, I'm just not a big fan of bows, I tied a piece of twine around the box and tied it in a nice little bow.



And Wa-La! My gift was all ready for my brothers birthday!

I think that anything homemade, even if it's wrapping paper which will only end up being thrown away in the end, is so special. It's just a simple way to tell that special person that you love them.

Have you ever received a homemade gift before? Have you ever given a special friend a homemade gift?

No comments :

Post a Comment