Christmas is Almost Here!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015


Today happens to be a wet and rainy day.  We've been getting so much rain and snow these last few months and it makes me so happy!  The weather forecast is even predicting possibly a white Christmas this year!  That makes me even more happy.  

I really don't really have anything in particular to say but today just seemed like the perfect day to sit down and write something.  I'm going to share with you some of the projects I have been working on this Christmas season.  

Christmas is a time for giving.   This year I decided to put together something simple for my friends at church.  My mom found some adorable yet simple gift bags at Joann's and she decorated them with paint, a potato and glitter.  She carved a holly leaf in the potato to create a homemade stamp. She also used carrot to make the red holly berries.   The glitter I think is what really makes these bags perfect for Christmas.  She sprinkled the glitter on the paint before it dried.


I filled the bags with a small jar of homemade pumpkin butter and a small bag of candy.  Lastly I added added a candy cane because it's not Christmas without candy canes, right?


I was meaning to take some nice pictures but I've been too lazy to get my camera out (meaning run upstairs to grab my camera that is sitting on my desk).  Fortunately, my Mom took some pictures with her camera or else I wouldn't of had any pictures to share.

We have also been busy baking cookies.  Cookies for us to eat and cookies to give to our friends and neighbors.  Last night we made sugar cookie cut-outs and frosted them.  We had fun seeing who could make the most creative cookies.  

Today I made ginger cookies and dipped them half in white chocolate. There's a tutorial for making these cookies here: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/12/white-chocolate-dipped-ginger-cookies/ 


I took the easy way and I used 'Betty Crocker's Gingerbread cookie mix' that you buy at the store.  These cookies are surprisingly easy to make yet they look very festive and yummy.


So that's just a little summary of what's been keeping me busy these past few weeks.  I can't believe Christmas is only three days away. I'm really excited and can't wait, but at the same time, I'm not ready for Christmas to be over.  

Oh, I almost forgot.  I have officially started making my second cosplay.  It's not actually for me, it's for my brother.  I plan on making him a Hiccup cosplay from How to Train Your Dragon 2 eventually.  We may go to a Anime/Cosplay Convention in January and since Hiccup's costume from the second movie is so complicated I decided to make him a cosplay for Hiccup from the first movie for the convention.  I'll have pictures and a tutorial on my blog once I finish it.  

Merry Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment