Summer Reading Plans

Saturday, May 16, 2015


So, lately I've been thinking  about my future.  I think about my future a lot but it seems that just recently I've been thinking about the future more than I usually do.  So I decided since I can't tell myself to stop thinking and dreaming about the future I needed some help in keeping my thoughts focused. My solution was to buy myself some books to help prepare me for my future.  My goal in reading these books is grow in my walk with God and to be more prepared for when my dreams someday do come true.

So this means that I'm going to be busy reading this summer.  But I can't wait to read these books.  I love reading books that encourage me to grow in my walk with God.  And you can look forward to lots of books reviews coming soon to this blog.





Here's all the books I bought: 

Perfectly Unique: Praising God from Head to Foot by Annie Downs
Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy
Set-Apart Feminity by Leslie Ludy
A Young Womens Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George
The New Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall
Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally 
(Note: I Actually have read "Before you Meet..." before, but I look forward to reading it again)



Another thing I'm looking forward to trying is a new form of scrap-booking. I bought myself a smashbook and I'm very excited to try it out.  It's just like small scrapbook but it's meant to be messy and quick.  I'm all about saving memories.  I tend to be the type of person to stuff something in a drawer because I just can't bring myself to throw it away because I often think of the memories it might bring me later.  

So for under ten dollars I bought this Smashbook and I'm hoping to fill it's pages with memories.





There was this neat poem inside the book which sums up what it means to use your Smashbook.  Sounds like so much fun!  And the pages are so pretty!  And this is the coolest part -  The pen it comes with is a pen on one side and a glue stick on the other. Awesome! 







No comments :

Post a Comment